Wednesday, November 18, 2009

my bible for the next week

P-dub's Thanksgiving archive.

So, I'm not as excited as I was last week to cook my very first Thanksgiving meal, as I've realized it's going to be for two people, and may include sauerkraut (for real babe?). I guess the prospect of starting my new family with its own holiday traditions is equal parts exciting and terrifying. As someone who has always defined myself in large part by how I fit into my "old" family, it's hard to move forward without feeling like I'm leaving something behind...

But I probably feel this way because I just got off the phone with my mom. Sigh.

There will, however, definitely be things at my Thanksgiving that would never be at a Lukan one. Like fried turkey. Some changes are less painful than others.

0 comments :